Basketball demands free movement and quick change in direction, so it is important to prefer light basketball shoes. These shoes have a low profile that makes them comfortable to wear. Adidas, Nike, Armour, and many other brands have launched their shoes, but what are the lightest basketball shoes is the topic of discussion.
The average weight of Adida’s lightest basketball shoes is 0.6 lbs, whereas the
Lightweight Nike basketball shoes weigh 0.7 lbs. These shoes allow players to run, jump and move without worrying about weight. This is the era of competition, and many other manufacturing companies launched basketball shoes.
They claimed them as the lightest basketball shoes ever like Jordan weighs 1.9 lbs. But if you are conscious about your ankle, more than 0.6 lbs of shoes are extremely harmful. This article lists 8 beat lightweight basketball shoes with ankle support.
Let’s find out
Nike Kyrie 7
If you are also searching for elite lightweight Nike basketball shoes with ankle support, then Nike introduces a highly fantastic product, Nike Kyrie 7. They are specially designed for guards and wings on the court to allow a quick change in direction.
Nike Kyrie is a comfortable model with the goal of high traction and mobility. The top part is breathable, allowing easy ventilation and drying of your feet. The Zoom Turbo Unit in the forefoot provides excellent cushioning and acts as impact absorption.
The support you demand from Nike and the two TPU fingers help to secure your forefoot. The webbing strap closure system locks your foot in place and enables you to move confidently. The narrow midsole provides outstanding lateral support that protects your ankle.
Kyrie shoes work best on indoor courts because the traction pattern along the bottom of the shoe makes excellent contact with the hardwood of the ground. So if you want light basketball shoes with ankle support, we highly recommend Nike Kyrie 7.
- The Nike Kyrie 7 is made of synthetic mesh material that is lightweight and breathable.
- Zoom Turbo Unit in the forefoot that provides excellent cushioning.
- The two TPU fingers provide excellent support at the forefoot.
- The traction pattern under the shoe lets you move in all directions without slipping.
- Narrow midsole for lateral support.
- The lacing-up closure provides a secure fit.
- They provide excellent support and traction on indoor courts.
Adidas Own The Game 2.0
Do you need help finding a 12-15 size sneaker? Adidas line has never been one for a drastic change with new products. The latest model Adidas Own The Game 2.0, from the brand, is a game changer that you can use on the court and a ramp.
When you run from baseline to baseline, the mesh upper part provides super breathing and keeps your feet fresh. You can easily find heat-sealed reinforcement at the toe cap and midfoot, making them durable.
The bellows, like the shape of Adidas Own The Game 2.0, make them highly responsive. The light motion midsole with thicker heels allows free jumping and running within the comfort zone. The non-marking rubber outsole offers all-court traction.
With the mission to end plastic waste, Adidas made Game 2.0 with recycled material. They are lightweight and highly affordable. We highly recommend them for people with wide feet, but if you want a narrow size, they are not for you as there is some dead space in the toe part.
- Adidas Own the Game 2.0 made of breathable, dual-material mesh.
- The tongue provides you with added support.
- They are perfect for players with wider feet.
- The TPU lockdown heels provide stability and help in lateral movements.
- Lightmotion insoles help in a quick change in direction.
- Water-resistant shoes by Adidas that keep your feet dry and cool.
- They are comfortable for both professional and casual use.
- The weight of the shoe is 0.6 lbs.
Nike Kyrie Flytrap 5
If you love Irving-level play style, Nike makes a fabulous product for you. The Kyrie Flytrap 5 is one of the best lightweight Nike basketball shoes. The multi-directional pattern used on Kyrie 5 is superior to its predecessor.
Nike found an ergonomic design to find where the grip was needed. Whether you spin, move, do hard cuts or quick stops, or want to land on the court, this unique article from Nike has covered you. Nike’s work translates to the court nicely.
Kyrie 5 performs best on a clean indoor court, but if the court is dirty, there are chances of slipping and losing grip. Some players think the tackiness of rubber outsoles attracts dust that causes slipping. Therefore we only suggest wearing them for indoor games.
The full-length Phylon and Zoom Air Unit boost the cushioning effect. The webbing strap closure provides a more secure fit. Its easy and fully open design makes you slash and cut. We must suggest them for narrow and medium feet.
- Nike Kyrie 5 upper part is made of minimal material that provides comfort and breathability.
- The firm heel with lockdown TPU handles.
- The Zoom Air Unit and full-length Phylon boost the cushioning setup.
- The outdoor rubber sole provides excellent traction in all directions.
- You find a webbing strap closure system that adds a more secure fit.
- The average weight of the Flytrap 5 is 0.6 lbs
- They best suit the player with narrow or medium feet.
Under Armour Curry 8—best Indoor Shoe
Under Armour Curry 8 is the best lightweight basketball shoe that is lighter than your regular shoes. When you wear them, nothing gets between the court and the great bounce of UA Flow that makes superb grip.
The UA Flow foam helps in a softer landing and keeps your feet comfortable while preventing aches. You never find skidding, no wasted steps; just stop and start on a dime.
The Pebax Plate helps to maximise stability and provide lateral and linear movement. At the same time, the upper part has two layers that allow freedom of movement. The underfoot sensation is beyond exception.
Under Armour Curry 8 offers incredible energy on the hardwood. The dynamic knit upper with internal lacing support for a secure fit, lockdown, and breathability. We advise you to have them as they maximise on-court performance.
- Curry 8 has UA flow and provides on-court ground traction and abrasion resistance.
- The upper part has two layers that allow freedom of movement.
- The underfoot sensation is unusual.
- They offer incredible energy on the hardwood.
- Lightweight Pebax Plate to maximise stability during lateral and linear movement.
- They are specially designed for indoor performance.
- The average weight is 0.7 lbs. However, if you add rubber outsole, it additionally adds 0.1 lb.
- They are recommended for machine washable and dryer.
Air Jordan XXXIV
Air Jordan introduces a lightweight basketball shoe that won’t hurt your pocket, with only 0.8 PBS weight. Air Jordan XXXIV has high-production construction. The eclipse plates made them comfortable for indoor courts.
The best part of Air Jordan XXXIV is the traction. You feel a firm contact with the ground that tightly holds your sole with the hardwood. The Zoom Air units make these sneakers extremely responsive on and off the court.
The springy sole of Air Jordan XXXIV enables you to jump with real power and land without fear of ankle sprain. They are specially designed for guards and small forwards, so their traditional tongue and lace-up closure also provide protection.
The padded mid-top collar provides added support. The strong sole, ergonomically designed, and durable construction make them perfect when running on the court. So what are you waiting for? Go and grab yours.
- Zoom air cushioning in the heel and forefoot.
- The eclipse plates made them comfortable.
- For ankle and heel support, they come with padded mid-top collars.
- The herringbone outsole provides excellent traction.
- The traditional tongue and lace-up closure also protect guards and small forwards.
- The weight of the shoes is 0.8 pounds.
Adidas Dame 8
Adidas Dame 8 brings light, ergonomically designed shoes with multiple features to satisfy many players looking to upgrade their shoes. Damian Lillard’s signature sneakers are made of recycled material.
The mid-cut designs are extremely helpful in minimizing foot pain. Because the pro bounce midsole provided excellent cushioning that made your landing comfortable. The mid-tops added material around the ankles that offer increased ankle support.
Adidas basketball shoes come with bubble designs that are perfect for wider feet. They are highly durable; you can easily machine wash them. Furthermore, more security and durability are added by the lace-up closure system.
Adidas Dame 8 is the answer to your query about what are the lightest basketball shoes in 2023. They relieve most of the joint pain associated with heavy shoes. So play harder and for longer without worrying about your body giving out.
- Adidas Dame 8 is made from the recycled material of Damian Lillard’s signature sneakers.
- Mid-cut design and cushioning help to reduce foot pain.
- The pro bounce midsole provides an excellent cushioning effect.
- Rubber outsole provides a comfortable landing.
- You will find outstanding textile upper and lining.
- They come in a lace-closure style.
- The average weight is 0.7 lbs.
- Available in six different colors.
Under Armour Jet 21
Under Armor has an excellent replacement option if you are experiencing foot pain with your current pair of shoes. The Under Armour Jet 21 is the best basketball shoe for ankle support and foot pain. They enable you to show up in the game’s biggest moments.
Under Armour Jet 21 is ergonomically designed with strategic ventilation holes along the midsole, toe, and heel cap that keep your foot dry and cool. Further ventilation is provided by the traditional tongue design.
The midsole provides lightweight cushioning and energy returns. A high-traction outsole has a herringbone pattern that provides traction underfoot and on the sides. They always keep you on track and provide freedom of movement.
Under Armour Jet 21 are so hard, highly constructive, and lightweight that it makes others look like they are standing still. So if you still need clarification about the lightest basketball shoes supporting your ankle, we highly recommend Under Armour Jet 21.
- The herringbone outsole provides excellent traction.
- Mid-top area has added material that provides comfort and support.
- They are ergonomically designed with strategic ventilation holes along the midsole, toe, and heel cap.
- The traditional tongue design added ventilation.
- Excellent joint and ankle support.
- The average weight of the shoe is 0.8 lbs.
- They are recommended for hand washing.
Nike Zoom Freak 1 – Best Value
Nike always ingeniously blends new and elegant design elements in the shoe. Without compromising stability, this shoe is made to let you fly high and be light on your feet. Nike Zoom Freak 1 is made up of highly comfortable and lightweight material.
The ultra-responsive double-stacked Zoom Air cushioning of the Zoom Freak 1 energizes every step under the forefoot and heel. You also have full lateral support due to the rubber clip extending the outsole up the side.
The geometric traction pattern under the sole keeps your foot in contact with the ground while moving in all directions. On the outsole, you also find “I Am My Father Legacy,” that honor Giannis’ father and four brothers.
When you lace Zoom Freak 1, internal bands lockdown under the forefoot. This freak has excellent cushioning and impact absorption and provides traction in all directions; we always advise you to consider them while purchasing Nike lightweight basketball shoes.
- Nike Zoom Freak 1 is made of lightweight and breathable material.
- The midsole has a double-stacked Zoom Air unit.
- They have blended transparent and solid rubber that provides grip in all directions.
- The lace-up closure system secures the forefoot.
- Its total weight is 0.6 lbs.
- Hard, compact shoes, these shoes have double compact cushioning under the heel.
- You find a geometric traction pattern at the outsole.
The lightest shoes on our list are the Nike Kyrie 7, Adidas Own the Game 2.0, Air Jordan XXXVI, and Under Armour Curry Jet 21. All of these shoes weigh in at less than 12 ounces. If you’re looking for a shoe that gives you an edge on the court, these are some of the best options.